Novolin GE Toronto Vial
What does Novolin GE Toronto do?
Each mL vial contains 100 units of human biosynthetic insulin (regular insulin).
Novolin GE Toronto is used to treat patients with type 1 and type 2 diabetes mellitus. It helps reduce blood sugar levels to control hyperglycemia (high blood sugar).
It is produced by recombinant DNA technology and is structurally similar to insulin produced in the body.
It also contains non-medical ingredients such as glycerol, metacresol, zinc choloride, sodium hydroxide, hydrochloric acid and water for injections.
Novolin GE Toronto is a fast-acting insulin that is usually used in combination with longer-acting insulin. It’s duration can last up to 8 hours. Novolin GE Toronto solution is used for injection and contains a biosynthetic human insulin.
This product must be injected under the skin (subcutaneously):
- clean the top of the vial with an alcohol swab;
- with a syringe, inject in the vial an amount of air equal to the dose to be withdrawn;
- remove the required dose with a syringe;
- clean the skin at the injection site using an alcohol swab;
- pinch the skin and inject the insulin into the fold. If you use a short needle, pinching the skin may not be necessary, ask your pharmacist;
- wait a few days before injecting the same site again.
How to Store
- Insulin may be used until the expiry date displayed on the label.
- Keep insulin stored at room temperature and discard after no more than 28 days.
- Unopened insulin vials should be stored in the refrigerator until needed.
- Do not expose insulin to extreme heat or to sunlight. Never freeze insulin.Keep out of reach from children or pets.
- Do not dispose of medication through wastewater (ie down toilet or sink) or put in household trash. Speak to your pharmacist about proper instructions to dispose of medication.
HoneyBee Pharmacy offers best priced* guaranteed. Although HoneyBee Pharmacy is not covered by Medicare, HoneyBee Pharmacy offers medical expense reports that you may submit to your local insurance companies. Should you be reimbursed that is separate from us. HoneyBee Pharmacy also offers best priced* guaranteed for all medications for more information simply give us a call at 1-888-557-0340.
SHIPPING ADVISORY: Please be advised that due to Covid-19, Canada Post and USPS have both removed their shipping guarantee. Therefore, orders may take 7-10 business days to receive. Please be sure to place your order sooner rather than later. Should you not receive your medication within the quoted time please do not hesitate to give us a call at our toll free number 1 (888) 557-0340 to speak to a member of our customer support team. Thank you.